Monday, July 29, 2013

My first WDW trip, part 2



Part 2

Our trip went off without a hitch.  The hotel was nice.  The WDW property is huge, and I loved driving all over it.  Everything was eerily familiar, and yet new to me.  The Magic Kingdom was the hardest to reconcile because it was so like DLR, yet so different. Everything was bigger, yet not necessarily better. That was the year of the Cake Castle, so that might have added to the surrealism!  I had a hard time finding my favorite rides.  It’s a Small World was unrecognizable.  Then, there were new rides and attractions, like the Hall of Presidents, that were wonderful for me.  We ate at the Crystal Palace, which was grand.

Epcot was wonderful, but I was totally unprepared for it. I left if feeling that I had somehow missed it.  WE did get some great souvenirs that exist to this day.  Disney-MGM, as it was called back then was terrific.  I knew enough to know that if we wanted to see Beauty and the Beast, we had to get there early.  Our traveling companions went off by themselves, and missed it!  They were so disappointed.   We saw the Toy Story parade.   Our hotel was across the street from Downtown Disney, so I spent quite a bit of money and time there.

The trip was overwhelming to me, in a good way.  Everything was new, yet so very familiar.  I truly felt like I had just touched the tip of the iceberg.  My next  Walt Disney World vacation would not take place for another 10 years.  By that time, I had the internet!  Trip 2 was the Trip of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment